An FTC team is about more than building robots, and competing at tournaments, it is a journey to a destination through trial and error, success and failure, with challenging new technology and obstacles to navigate where no road maps are provided. How does a team find their way?
The Compass Award recognizes an adult Coach or Mentor who has provided outstanding guidance and support for a team throughout the year. The winner of the Compass Award will be determined from candidates nominated by FTC team members, via a 40-60 second video submission, highlighting how their Mentor has helped them become a champion team. We want to hear what sets the Mentor apart.
Guidelines for the Compass Award:
- Only one video submission per team will be considered. Teams may submit new or updated videos at each tournament.
- The video must be submitted at least one week prior to tournament day. Instructions for submitting videos may vary from tournament to tournament. Please check with your tournament’s organizer for details.
- Videos must not be longer than 60 seconds (including introduction and credits if you choose to use them).
- Videos must be submitted in AVI, WMV or MOV format. Remember that the winning video may be shown on a large screen during the awards ceremony. Use the best resolution you have available for your final version.
- Team must have rights to any music used on the video.
- Team must submit an Engineering Notebook.