Ask an Expert Conference Calls
"Ask an Expert" Calls are webinars or teleconferences featuring FTC subject matter experts and are designed to provide training on a variety of topics.
Once a call is complete, the recording or webinar is posted to this page for download.
2013-2014 "Ask an Expert" Calls:
There are currently no scheduled calls. Please refer to the recordings below.
2012-2013 "Ask an Expert" Calls:
- FTC Mentor 101 - How to register a Team, season timeline, recruiting mentors and organizing a Team
- Teams in Transition from FTC to FRC - FTC affiliate partner Joe Passofaro and Senior Mentor Javier Saenz discuss the finer points of moving from FTC to FRC (Mp3) - (Power Point Slides)
- FTC Build Strategy (Mp3) - Why does my team need a strategy before we build?
- FTC/FRC Scholarships (Mp3) - Prepare yourself for your next move. Arm yourself with information on FIRST scholarship opportunities. - Outline
- Cross-program Community Outreach (Mp3) - learn how to build a successful community outreach program for your FTC Team.
- How to Impress the Judges (Mp3) - Judging is a critical aspect of the FIRST programs. DId you know that half the teams going to the world championships are doing so because of their judging performance? Come hear about how judging works, what the judges are looking for, and some tips on how your team can better tell your story to the FTC judges. This session is for students and mentors (Mp3). - Power Point Slides
- Samantha Module Basics - Are you wondering what the Samantha Module is all about or how it works? This call will go over the basics of what the Samantha Module is, what it does, how it works and how to hook it up to your robot. - Samantha - 3 Things to Know (Power Point) - Samantha Module and Field Control System (Power Point)
- Software Basics (Mp3) - This training covers the basics of making sure the programming on your FTC Robot is ready for competition and inspection. - Power Point
- Team Strategy at Event (Mp3) - Success at FTC events requires strategy, and not just inside the competition field. Call in to learn some of the complexities of FTC event strategy. - Agenda
- Transitioning from FLL to FTC (PDF) - what changes, what's different, what are some new challenges?
2011-2012 "Ask an Expert" Calls:
- FTC Mentor 101: How to register a Team, season timeline, recruiting mentors, and organizing a Team (MP3)
- Teams in Transition: FLL to FTC (MP3) (Agenda)
- Teams in Transition: FTC to FRC (MP3)
- Build Strategy: What to consider as you build your robot (MP3) (Agenda)
- Software Basics: What to expect at an event, focusing on inspection and field control (PowerPoint)
- Samantha: Field Control Updates(MP3) (Presentation)
- FTC Judging: What to Expect (October)(Webinar) (PowerPoint Presentation)
- FIRST Scholarship Program (MP3)
- Team Strategy at Events (MP3)
- FTC Judging: What to Expect (December) (Webinar) (If the file does not play, install this codec)