2nd Annual Air Force Leadership Experience for FIRST Teachers & Mentors
Offered by the U.S. Air Force
The U.S. Air Force develops leaders of great character and vision. For the second year in a row, the U.S. Air Force is offering an Air Force Leadership opportunity for a select group of 24 FTC and FRC Teachers and Mentors who are helping inspire today’s youth to become the technical leaders of tomorrow.
Apply now to attend this exclusive leadership seminar:
When: July 29 & 30; subject to change based on operational mission/priorities. *Please note that the workshop dates will most likely have one travel day before and one travel day after the seminar.*
Where: Vandenberg Air Force Base
24 Teachers and Mentors will be selected to attend this seminar. The seminar is at no cost to the selectee and travel costs within the United States (airfare, lodging, meals) are paid for by the U.S. Air Force.
Who is eligible:
- FTC and FRC mentors who are K-12 teachers
- Must be willing to commit to the full workshop and be able to travel to the location from within the U.S. (Travel cannot be arranged from Guam or Puerto Rico.)
- If you participated in this seminar in 2012, you are not eligible to attend again in 2013
How to apply:
- Complete the on-line application form.
- Applications must be submitted by June 18, 2013.
- In your application, you will have the opportunity to describe in up to 500 words how you get students excited about science and technology, highlighting any innovative techniques you use to help kids learn and stay motivated. You can include up to 6 photos (no more than 1.0 MB total).
- A selection committee from FIRST will review all applications and select the mentors who will be invited to attend the seminar.
- Chosen applicants will be named on July 2, 2013.
Disclaimer: As each of you know, the Department of Defense is undergoing budgetary reviews that may require the Air Force to cancel this event at a moment’s notice. It is the Air Force’s intent to hold this event unless directed to cease all actions due to sequestration. The Air Force believes this event is worthwhile and provides long-term benefits that help develop future leaders. If the event is canceled, you will be notified immediately.