Email Blast- FIRST HQ Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday~Robots Come FIRST at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade~Approaching Deadlines~2014 FIRST Choice Update~Upcoming Resources
FIRST Headquarters will close at 3:00 PM ET today, 11/27/13 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Our regular business hours will resume Monday, 12/2/13 at 8:30 AM ET.
Robots Come FIRST® at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®: Five award-winning FRC teams and their robots will have the honor of opening the 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, 11/28/13 in New York City. For more information, please visit: http://www.usfirst.org/aboutus/robots-come-first-at-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade.
- Thursday, 12/5/13 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET: Registration closes for ALL regional events and first and second district events; Championship waitlist registration closes
- Thursday, 12/5/13 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET: Kit & Kickoff registration closes
- Friday, 12/6/13: Payment deadline for initial competition events
- Friday, 12/6/13: Robot Transport Exemption request deadline
- Thursday, 12/12/13 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET: Deadline to submit Safety Animation Award submissions (via STIMS)
A complete list of important 2014 season dates and deadlines can be found on the FRC season calendar: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/calendar/.
2014 FIRST Choice update: Please read the FRC Blog: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/FIRST-Choice-Adds-Additives for information on 3D printers that will be available to teams via FIRST Choice.
- Join us for our next “Ask an Expert” call on Wednesday, 12/4/13. Visit http://www.usfirst.org/community/volunteers/fsm_training_calls#FRC for more information.
- National Instruments (NI) offers training materials, grants and competitions for FRC & FTC teams. To learn more, visit https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/frc.
- PTC offers free Product Development Software to all FIRST teams. PTC software will enable collaboration, increase efficiency, and enhance accuracy during your team’s Robot Design Process. To help get your team started, PTC runs a weekly webinar series called, Robotalk. Robotalk gives an in-depth introduction to PTC Creo, PTC Mathcad, and PTC Windchill. Webinar replays are available on the PTC FIRST Community Site. For more information on software offerings, grant sponsorships, online training and hands-on workshops, please visit: www.ptc.com/go/first.
- Autodesk To make it easier for teams to design the next great robot, FIRST has partnered with Autodesk, to provide Autodesk® Design Academy 2014 software licenses to schools who have a FIRST program. The Autodesk grant program is designed to help inspire students to develop a lifelong love for design and prepare them for successful careers. The software will be available free* to schools that have an active and registered FIRST team for the 2013/2014 competition year. The grant provides access to Autodesk software that can be used to support extracurricular competition programs as well as in classroom use. Teachers can apply for an Autodesk software grant on behalf of their school by completing a simple grant request form or learn more about the Autodesk grant program read the Autodesk Grant Resource Guide. To see additional resources available to FIRST teams visit www.autodesk.com/first. Students and faculty can also download free* Autodesk software for their personal computers at Autodesk’s Education Community. *Free Autodesk software and/or cloud-based services are subject to acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions of the license agreement or terms of service that accompany such software or cloud-based services.
The FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) is brought to you, in part, by our generous Sponsors and Suppliers. For a full list, please visit http://www.usfirst.org/sponsors/sponsor-listings.