Email Blast- Kit & Kickoff Section in TIMS opens today @ noon ET~KoP Drive System Option~Second District Event Registration~2014 Safety Animation Contest~Jr.FLL Challenge Pack~Upcoming Resources
Kit and Kickoff Section in TIMS Opens Today, 10/3/13 @ 12 pm (noon) ET: The Kit & Kickoff section in TIMS opens today: https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso. *Please find additional information about choosing your Kit & Kickoff preferences at the bottom of this email.
Kit of Parts Drive System Option: Beginning today at 12 pm (noon) ET, veteran teams have the opportunity to opt out of the KoP Drive System and receive an AndyMark Product Donation Voucher instead. Teams can access this option in TIMS. This option will close on Thursday, 10/17/13 at 12 pm (noon) ET. For more information on the options, please visit the FRC Blog: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/blog-Kit-of-Parts-Drive-System-Option-2014.
Second District Event Registration: Second District event registration opens Thursday, 10/10/13 at 12 pm ET in TIMS: https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso. At this time, district teams will be able to register for their second district event. Second Regional event registration will open on Thursday, 10/24/13 at 12 pm ET in TIMS.
2014 Safety Animation Contest: 2014 Safety Animation contest details are available here: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/safety-video-and-manual. The submission portal in STMS: https://my.usfirst.org/stims/site.lasso opens on Thursday, 10/10/13 at 12 pm (noon) ET and will remain open until Thursday, 12/12/13 at 12 pm (noon) ET.
Jr.FLL Challenge Pack: Does your FRC team mentor a Jr.FLL team? If so, Jr.FLL just released a Challenge Pack, which is a step-by-step meeting guide for Jr.FLL teams. The Jr.FLL Challenge Pack can be found along with the other Jr.FLL Challenge materials in Jr.FLL TIMS. Please note, this information is available to registered Jr.FLL teams.
- FRC’s ‘Ask An Expert’ calls have begun, led by Senior Mentors and various experts from the FIRST community. Join us for our next call on Wednesday 11/06/13, led by Karthik Kanagasabapathy. Visit http://www.usfirst.org/community/volunteers/fsm_training_calls#FRC for more information.
- Autodesk offers a number of free resources and webinars for both Students & Mentors, all of which are recorded and stored on their website. Their next webinar, “Autodesk Inventor: Creating Drawings’, will take place on Wednesday, 10/23/13. To register for the webinar or access their resources, visit http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=first_home_landing.
- National Instruments (NI) offers training materials, grants and competitions for FRC & FTC teams. To learn more, visit https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/frc.
- PTC offers a variety of free training opportunities, both in-person and on the web. To learn more about their Hands-on-Workshops, Online Training Opportunities and weekly webinars, visit http://www.ptc.com/company/community/first/teams.htm and click on Training and Resources.
*“Kit and Kickoff Preferences” (in TIMS) is where you indicate how your team wants to pickup/receive the Kit of Parts (KoP) and where/if your team plans to attend Kickoff. Please note the following before making your selections:
- Picking up your KoP at a Kickoff will save your team shipping costs;
- If your team chooses not to attend any Kickoff, the KoP will be shipped to your Shipping Contact and your team will be responsible for the shipping costs. Teams that choose to have their KoP shipped can expect to receive it sometime during the week after Kickoff. International teams should be aware that delivery date will depend on customs clearance;
- Your team may attend more than one Kickoff. For example, you can send members to the Kickoff in Manchester, NH, while others can attend a Local Kickoff in your area. However, you must indicate only one Kickoff for KoP pickup.
Surrogate Kit Pickup Option:
If your team is unable to pick up its KoP at a Kickoff, and you do not wish to incur shipping charges to have it mailed, an alternate team may pick up your KoP at a Kickoff. You must provide FIRST with an authorization letter, signed by the main contact, on school or sponsor letterhead in order for us to release the kit. You can find a template for this letter here: http://tinyurl.com/oohllb2.
Fax the letter to Team Support at 603-666-3907 no later than 5:00 pm ET on 12/30/13 or send a hard copy to FIRST, Attn: Team Support, 200 Bedford Street, Manchester, NH 03101. The letter must include the following:
1.) Your Team Number and the Kickoff pick-up location;
2.) The name and team number of the representative picking up the KoP;
3.) Provide a copy of the Surrogate Kit Pickup letter to the team representative picking up the KoP for your team. This representative must bring the letter to the appropriate Kickoff.