Annual Air Force Leadership Experience for FIRST Teachers & Mentors
Offered by the U.S. Air Force
The U.S. Air Force develops leaders of great character and vision. And now, the U.S. Air Force is offering an Air Force Leadership opportunity for a select group of 28 FTC and FRC Teachers and Mentors who are helping inspire today’s youth to become the technical leaders of tomorrow.
Apply now to attend this exclusive leadership seminar:
When: July 12 - 15, 2015; subject to change based on operational mission/priorities.
Where: Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs and an Air Force Base in the Colorado Springs area
28 Teachers/Mentors will be selected to attend this seminar. The seminar is at no cost to the selectee and travel costs within the continental United States (airfare, lodging, meals) are paid by the U.S. Air Force. *Please note that the workshop dates will most likely have one travel day before and one travel day after the seminar.*
Who is eligible:
- FTC and FRC mentors who are K-12 teachers
- Must be willing to commit to the full workshop and be able to travel to the location from within the U.S.
- If you previously participated in this leadership experience, you are not eligible to attend in 2015.
How to apply:
- Complete the on-line application form. (Now Closed)
- Applications must be submitted by May 27, 2015.
- In your application, you will have the opportunity to describe in up to 500 words how you get students excited about science and technology, highlighting any innovative techniques you use to help kids learn and stay motivated.
- A selection committee from FIRST will review all applications and select the mentors who will be invited to attend the seminar.
- Chosen applicants will be named on June 17, 2015.
Sunday, July 12th - Travel to Colorado Springs for all mentors
Monday, July 13th - Leadership Experience
Tuesday, July 14th - Leadership Experience
Wednesday, July 15th - ½ day Leadership Experience and travel back home for mentors
Disclaimer: As each of you know, the Department of Defense is undergoing budgetary reviews that may require the Air Force to cancel this event at a moment’s notice. It is the Air Force’s intent to hold this event unless directed to cease all actions due to sequestration. The Air Force believes this event is worthwhile and provides long-term benefits that help develop future leaders. If the event is canceled, you will be notified immediately.