Position Summary - PRE-EVENT POSITION, not required to attend competition
The Website Evaluators review and score websites that are designed, built and managed by students participating on FIRST teams. Evaluation is accomplished via an on-line system. There is a minimum of five (5) Website Evaluators recommended for each competition. Website evaluations must be completed three days prior to the start of the event.
Website Evaluators cannot evaluate a website if they have ANY past or present affiliation with that team.
Website Evaluators must be 18 years of age or older.
Best Website Award is given to student-developed websites that depict the team’s involvement with its school, community and FIRST. Each Regional event has one best website award winner that goes on to compete for the Best Website Award at the Championship event. Teams who achieve a rating of 80% or better will receive an electronic Excellence Award button to post on their website.
- Participate in training opportunities offered by the Website Evaluator Advisor
- Review and score Team websites designed by students
- Each Website Evaluator reviews all Websites assigned for their region
- Complete on-line evaluations in a timely manner
- Adheres to the Website Evaluation Checklist and rules set down by FIRST
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Basic knowledge of FIRST Robotics Competitions; can be acquired by reviewing the FIRST website
- Basic knowledge of various features of websites
- Experience browsing the internet; high speed connection preferred
- Strong assessment skills
- Must be impartial and fair
Commitment: Pre-event position. Volunteer is not required to attend the regional competition. Each Website Evaluator reviews all Websites assigned. Time varies due to the number of Websites submitted for each region. There are approximately 25 sites per region. Judging each website will take approximately 30-50 minutes. Service as a Website Judge is at the volunteer’s convenience; evaluation process occurs sometime between February and start of the regional competition.
FIRST Headquarters provides direction and guidance to the Website Evaluator Advisor, who then trains the Website Evaluators for their Regional.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Website Evaluator Advisor for your region
Guidance: FIRST Headquarters