Volunteer Lounge Monitor
This is a crowd control position. This position requires that you sit by the entrance of the Volunteer Lounge to check for proper authorization to pass through the area. Use counter to get an accurate number of volunteers that eat in the facility. Must be a take-charge person with strong interpersonal skills.
- Sit/Stand by Volunteer Lounge, monitor who passes through
- Check for proper authorization, volunteers wear a FIRST "Volunteer" shirt and volunteer name badge identifying their status
Experience and Skills Needed
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work and interact with volunteers, team members, contracted and FIRST staff
- FIRST experience not required
- General knowledge of facility and event layout
- Outgoing personality; high energy, gregarious; sense of humor
- Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
- Approximate times:
Practice Day (the day before the competition) 8am – End of Day
Day One of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Training will be on site
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Volunteer Coordinator
On-site guidance: FIRST Volunteer Resources Department Staff
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.