VIP-Media Check-in Table
*There may be separate volunteer positions and tables for VIP and media; to be determined by Planning Committee. Responsibilities of each position would be similar.
Assist the VIP Reception Coordinator and Media/PR Coordinator with VIP/Media Registration and Information Table operations. Facilitate positive VIP and media experience at the event.
- Assist with table set up, and break down after the event
- Obtain one two-way radio and headset from event management office, sign it out; return it to office at end of day, sign it in
- Greet and register VIPs and media representatives upon arrival
- Connect media with Media Coordinator or other staff designated as media host(s)
- Distribute name badges, press kits, event schedules, maps and other competition-related materials
- Provide information about FIRST and directions to various facility locations, and answer questions
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required, but helpful
- Should have VIP hosting or PR experience
- General knowledge of facility and event layout
- Outgoing personality
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to move about the facility
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Commitment: Minimum two days + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Wednesday Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*. Guidance provided by Media/PR Coordinator and/or VIP Reception Coordinator at event.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct Supervision: Volunteer Coordinator
On-site oversight: Media/PR Coordinator and/or VIP Reception Coordinator
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.