Team Social Attendant
Oversee the Team Social to ensure a safe, secure, and enjoyable event environment for attendees.
- Monitor event for inappropriate behavior, and intercede as able; seek assistance from Team Social Coordinator as needed
- Greet participants at event entrance, verify that the appropriate number of chaperones accompany team members, check attendees for wristbands or tickets if utilized; direct attendees to event activities
- Monitor event for adherence to FIRST policies
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive, but tactful
- Knowledge and understanding of teenagers in social settings
- General knowledge of Team Social area layout
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to move about the event
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Commitment: Friday Evening + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Friday: 5:30 A.M.- 9:30 P.M.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct Supervision: Volunteer Coordinator or Regional Director
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.