Spare Parts Attendant
Manage distribution and loaning of spare materials to teams.
- Set up and breakdown of spare parts table and parts
- Populate distribution log, and ensure teams complete required paperwork
- Track parts exchanged and loaned, enforce exchange/loaner requirements & restrictions
- Strong organizational skills required
- Ability to work and interact with team students and mentors
- Familiarity with FRC Kit of Parts and technical components is helpful
Experience and Skills Needed
- FIRST experience preferred; must have knowledge of kit of parts
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
- Approximate times:
Practice Day (the day before the competition) 8am – End of Day
Day One of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Training will be on site
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Pit Administration Supervisor
On-site guidance: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.