The Scholarship Attendant will be in charge of promoting the FIRST Scholarship Program to students, parents, mentors and others attending an FRC regional event. The Scholarship Attendant will locate and set up the designated scholarship table using materials supplied in the Scholarship Program road case (#13) or palletized box, and man the table during hours of operation. The Scholarship Attendant will speak with students and parents about the FIRST scholarship Porgram and available scholarships (instructions and talking points given on day of event).
- Locate the scholarship table
- Unpack the FIRST Scholarship Program road case/box and setup display according to included directions
- Put up Scholarship Program Posters in various locations at the venue
- Staff the scholarship table, speak with students and parents about the FIRST Scholarship Program and available scholarships
- Breakdown and pack up scholarship table at the end of the event
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive, but tactful
- General knowledge of facility and event layout
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to stand for long periods; walk the length of the facility
Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M.- 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M.- 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M.- Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Wednesday Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training, all other training will be on the job.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Volunteer Coordinator
Oversight by: FIRST Volunteer Resources Department Staff
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.