The Scholarship Attendant will be in charge of promoting the FIRST Alumni Programs, and specifically the FIRST Scholarship Program to students, parents, mentors and others attending an FRC regional or FTC event (as available). The Scholarship Attendant will locate and set up the designated scholarship table using materials, and man the table during hours of operation. The Scholarship Attendant will speak with students and parents about the FIRST Scholarship Program and available scholarships.
- Locate the scholarship table
- Unpack the FIRST Alumni Programs information and setup display according to included instructions
- Put up included Scholarship Program Posters in various locations at the venue
- Staff the scholarship table, speak with students and parents about the FIRST Scholarship Program and available scholarships
- Breakdown and pack up scholarship table at the end of the event
- Inform the HQ FIRST Alumni Programs Manager at email@example.com of any deficit of materials
Experience and Skills Needed
- FIRST program participant strongly preferred
- Ability to "take charge"
- General knowledge of facility and event layout
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Self-directed and motivated individual
- While talking points are available on event-day, the ideal volunteer will familiarize him or herself with the FIRST Alumni Programs: Scholarship Program prior to the event. And contact the HQ FIRST Alumni Programs Manager with any questions before hand at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to stand for long periods; walk the length of the facility
- Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
- Approximate times:
Day One of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Training will be on site
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Volunteer Coordinator
Oversight by: FIRST Volunteer Resources Department Staff and FIRST Alumni Programs Manager
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.