Safety Glasses Attendant
Hand out safety glasses during the event in the pit area. Maintain adequate supply of safety glasses at the safety glasses locations, alert the Lead Safety Glasses Attendant when more glasses or volunteers are needed. Maintain a high level of safety as stated in the FIRST Safety Procedures.
- Stock and replenish safety glasses at tables at the entrances to the pit area
- Demonstrate Gracious Professionalism when explaining FIRST safety procedures
- Clean safety glasses when returned
- Alert Lead Safety Glass Advisor if safety glasses supply are running low
- Maintain a standard of safety in the pit area
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Attention to detail
Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Wednesday Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Lead Safety Glasses Attendant
On-site guidance: Pit Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Registration Room Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.