Practice Field Attendant
This volunteer team schedules and monitors practice field and equipment usage throughout the competition. These volunteers are also responsible for keeping the practice field clean and free of debris, protecting practice field electronics and for reporting any malfunctions or damage to the field directly to the Field Supervisor.
- Maintain schedule at the practice field, monitor flow of teams, ensuring fair field use
- Assist teams in using the wireless equipment provided for the practice field using the instructions provided
- Report any malfunctions or field damage to the Field Supervisor
- Keep field clean of debris after each practice match
Experience and Skills Needed
- Basic knowledge in making connections to electronic equipment (instructions provided)
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive
- Ability to keep track of, and secure as required, practice field electronics
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Ability to work and interact with volunteers, team members, contracted and FIRST staff
- FIRST experience not required
- Requires basic knowledge of the game and match process
- Self-directed individual
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon event*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Volunteer Coordinator
Technical supervision: Field Technical Advisor (FTA) or Field Technical Advisor Assistant (FTAA) (if FTA is unavailable)
*Please Note: some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.