Practice Field Attendant
This volunteer team schedules and monitors practice field and equipment usage throughout the competition. These volunteers are also responsible for keeping the practice field clean and free of debris, protecting practice field electronics, and for reporting any malfunctions or damage to the field directly to the Field Supervisor.
- Maintain schedule at the practice field, monitor flow of teams, ensuring fair field use
- Assist teams in using the wireless equipment provided for the practice field using the instructions provided
- Report any malfunctions or field damage to the Field Supervisor
- Keep field clean of debris after each practice match
- Ensure that teams are using the practice field in a safe manner
Experience and Skills Needed
- Basic knowledge in making connections to electronic equipment (instructions provided)
- Ability to "take charge"; be assertive
- Ability to keep track of, and secure as required, practice field electronics
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Ability to work and interact with volunteers, team members, contracted and FIRST staff
- FIRST experience not required
- Requires basic knowledge of the game and match process
- Self-directed individual
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
- Approximate times:
Practice Day (the day before the competition) 8am – End of Day
Day One of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Training is onsite
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Volunteer Coordinator
Technical supervision: Field Technical Advisor (FTA) or Field Technical Advisor Assistant (FTAA) (if FTA is unavailable)
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.