Machine Shop Attendant
Process work orders for the Machine Shop Staff. Work in a fast-paced environment with students, mentors and staff. General knowledge of robotics and parts preferred.
- Process work orders in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized area
Experience and Skills Needed
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain calm
- General knowledge of robot parts
- FIRST experience not required, but a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6 P.M. - 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M. - Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training*
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Machine Shop Staff
On-site guidance: Pit Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: Some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.