Machine Shop Attendant
Process work orders for the Machine Shop Staff. Work in a fast-paced environment with students, mentors and staff. General knowledge of robotics and parts preferred.
- Process work orders in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized area
Experience and Skills Needed
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain calm
- General knowledge of robot parts
- FIRST experience not required, but a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Commitment: Minimum one day + Training
- Approximate times:
Practice Day (the day before the competition) 8am – End of Day
Day One of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 8am – End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Training will be on-site
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Machine Shop Staff
On-site guidance: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.