Select team award recipients through interaction with teams, review of documentation regarding team
background information to familiarize judges with teams, and serve as role models for the
competitors. Judges are responsible for own travel/accommodation expenses and arrangements.
*Must sign a Volunteer Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Form prior to start of service.
- High profile volunteer position; visible presence
- Recognition of service in Regional Program Book
- Community exposure
- Networking opportunities
- Ability to positively impact quality of event
- Judge shirt provided
- Attend Judge Orientation Dinner Meeting
- Interview and observe teams in the Pit, on the playing field and other areas
- Review team background literature
- Participate on Judge Panel to decide team awards recipients
- Interpersonal skills; ability to effectively relate to teenagers and adults
- Write short awards scripts extolling merits of winning teams
- Announce team awards recipients; assist with award presentations to teams
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Strong assessment skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Knowledge of award criteria and selection process
- Ability to move about the facility
Thursday evening, Friday, and Saturday
Thursday: 6:00 P.M.- 8 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M.- 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8:00 A.M.- Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Provided by Judge Advisor Thursday evening prior to start of competition. Judge Manual emailed to all judges 2-4 weeks prior to start of competition.
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Judge Advisor