Repair and reset playing field after each team match. Plays a critical role in ensuring smooth flow of match play and maintaining pace of the event. Duties need to be done efficiently. This position can be very physically active.
- Reset field after each team match
- Check field for debris after match, remove
- Check carpet for runs, and loose seam tape; apply/replace as needed
- Retrieve objects that fall outside the playing field
- Protect the scoring table from objects that may fall outside the playing field
- Prepare field at end of day for following day’s play
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Physically active role; ability to stand for long periods of time and quickly move about the field
Commitment: Minimum two full days + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6:00 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependent upon Regional*)
Thursday: 8:00 A.M.- 6 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M.- 5 P.M.
Saturday: 8:00 A.M.- Completion
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Field Supervisor conducts training during the Wednesday Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training, and provides guidance during the competition
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Field Supervisor
On-site guidance: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.