Assist the Event Manager and Event Assistant with preparation and presentation of competition awards, trophies, and medallions to teams at awards ceremony on Friday and Saturday. FIRST experience not required.
- Work with the Event Manager and Event Assistant to ensure correct distribution of awards
- Unpack, clean, and prepare team awards, trophies, and medallions
- Set up awards table and medallion stand; organize items in the order they will be presented
- Assist presenters with distribution of awards to teams
- Break down awards table and medallion stand at end of ceremony, pack up remaining awards
Experience and Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Self-directed individual
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take direction
- Commitment: Training + Two half days
- Approximate times:
Day One of the Competition 12pm - End of Day
Day Two of the Competition 12pm - End of Day
Note 1: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive.
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Training will be on site
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Event Manager and/or Event Assistant
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.