Assist the Event Manager and Event Assistant with preparation and presentation of competition awards, trophies, and medallions to teams at the closing ceremony on Saturday. The volunteers should plan for a minimum of three hours before the ceremonies to begin this process. FIRST experience not required.
- Work with the Event Manager and Event Assistant to ensure correct distribution of awards
- Unpack, clean, and mark team awards, trophies, and medallions
- Set up awards tables and medallion stanchions; organize items in the order they will be presented
- Ensure the Bronze Medallions are available in the Pit Area for distribution on Saturday
- Assist presenters with distribution of awards to teams
- Break down awards tables and stanchions at end of ceremony, pack up remaining awards
Experience And Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Self-directed individual
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
Commitment: Minimum one half day + Training
Approximate times: Wednesday: 6:00 P.M.- 8 P.M. (dependant upon Regional*)
NOTE: Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration desk.
Wednesday Volunteer Orientation Dinner and Training
Reporting Relationships And Supervision
Direct supervision: Event Manager and/or Event Assistant
*Please Note: some events will not be conducting a Wednesday evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.