Scholarship Search Filters
How to use these filters to narrow your scholarship search
- College Location: Use this drop-down menu to choose the state or country in which you want to attend college. This will display scholarships from schools within that area and scholarships that can be used at schools within that area.
- Program: Use this drop-down menu to choose the FIRST Program in which you are participating (FRC or FTC
- Grade: Use this drop-down menu to select your current grade in school. This will display scholarships for which you can apply this year.
- Citizenship/Residency: Use this drop-down menu to select your citizenship. This is most useful for students who are not US Citizens (US Permanent Residents and citizens of a country other than the USA).
- Sort By: Use this drop-down menu to select in what order the displayed scholarships are sorted. The default list is sorted alphabetically by Scholarship Provider. You can also sort by location (Country, State, City). Sorting by Deadline is useful to see what scholarships may still be available after a particular date. To see what scholarships have been added or modified recently, sort by Date Posted.
Other Scholarship Options:
- Can be used at any school: Only displays scholarships that can be used at any school. These are generally scholarships offered by corporations or associations.
- For any course of study: Only displays scholarships that can be used for any course of study. Scholarships for specific majors (e.g. engineering, STEM, etc.) are NOT displayed. This option is most useful for students planning to major in non-STEM majors.
- Has preference for ethnic minority: Only displays scholarships that have a preference for students of ethnic minorities.
- Has preference for women: Only displays scholarships that have a requirement or preference for women applicants.
- Considers financial need: Only displays scholarships in which financial need is considered. This includes both scholarships that are totally need-based and those that are a combination of merit and need.
- Does not consider financial need: Only displays scholarships in which financial need is not considered at all.
- Does NOT require current year FIRST participation: Only displays scholarships which are available to students who participated during any of their four years in high school. Scholarships that require participation during the current year are NOT displayed. This is useful for a senior who was on a FIRST team in high school as a freshman, sophomore, and/or junior, but is unable to participate during the current (senior) year. However, read the scholarship descriptions carefully. Some may have restrictions, such as requiring participation during your junior year.