Connect a Million Minds STEM PSA
Connect a Million Minds Public Service Announcements
Learn more about Connect a Million Minds (CAMM), Time Warner Cable’s (TWC) philanthropic commitment to connect youth to afterschool opportunities in science, technology, engineering and math(STEM). Visit the site and Take the Pledge to inspire a young person in your community. Then, search The Connectory - a free database with thousands of STEM programs and events, including lots from FIRST.
New June 2011: watch FIRST robotics and "The New Cool" subject Amir Abo-Shaeer in "It Ain’t Rocket Science," a Time Warner Cable video special on science and technology. The video also features FIRST teams and interviews with Dean Kamen. For more information about It Ain’t Rocket Science and Connect a Million Minds, please visit http://connectamillionminds.com/campaigns/itaintrocketscience.
On November 17 Al Gore hosted Time Warner Cable’s "Math, Science and the Future of Our Nation," a Global Online Town Hall. Participating in this unprecedented event were inventor Dean Kamen, astronaut Sally Ride, Discovery Channel’s "MythBusters" Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan and Microsoft Xbox creative visionary Kudo Tsunoda. These special guests were joined by young people from around the world, parents, educators and other concerned citizens for an interactive discussion on youth attitudes towards math and science, and what these subjects mean for future success.
Visit www.connectamillionminds.com to watch the recording of this unprecedented event.
CAMM Public Service Annoucements
- 2011 CAMM PSA
- The Competition - Our kids face tough competition from their peers across the globe. New
- I Hate Math - Do Today's kids equate math skills with future success? New
- Geeks - Is it cool to be smart? Depends on where you are from New
- The Opus Why is the U.S. so far behind in math and science? New
- Meet Okko - This Finnish student is mad about science. New
- Meet Erin - This American girl is busy, social and smart! New
- Meet Jessica - This Aussie has big dreams and lots of math homework. New
- Connect a Million Minds Launch PSA
- Connect a Million Minds Initiative and Partnership with FIRST
- The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth
CAMM Press Releases
- Time Warner Cable to Connect a Million Minds (Nov. 2009).
- Stem Perception Gap Among U.S. Kids Revealed - New Time Warner Cable Campaign Explores Global Teen Attitudes Toward Math and Science (August 2010)